Gum Litter Taskforce
OBJECTIVE To develop a programme to significantly reduce inappropriate disposal against the backdrop of alternative government sanctions of both gum levy and municipal cleaning charge.
To reduce inappropriate disposal of gum by 40% over 3 years. BUT to do this while promoting gum as a consumer choice.
The campaign is measured in two independent formats.
Before and after behavioural survey, plus awareness and messaging analyses.
Physical measurement of gum presence before, during and after campaign.
CREATIVE & MEDIA STRATEGY
- Gum disposal in an “on the street” issue
- Accordingly, the campaigning principal platform was “on the street” media, mainly outdoor
- Outdoor is predominantly static.
- The agency took the Static Dance theme and developed a TV series of ads that animated the dance.
- TV by recognition, improves the outdoor through animated association.
- The programme lent heavily on many digital platforms including a specifi cally developed app game.
- Inappropriate gum disposal down 42% during the life of this campaign.
- Inappropriate gum disposal down 47% year on year in Dublin.
- MB reported unprecedented slogan recall “Bin it your way” among the target cohort, 2nd only to “It does exactly what it says on the tin”, another Focus Advertising client.
Grand Prix Winner Poster Impact Awards 2014.